Due to the current coronavirus crisis all AALOC volunteer activities have been suspended until further notice. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at our no-kill rescue/kennel. Stay healthy and we hope to resume our volunteer program soon!
AAL has many opportunities for animal lovers who would like to make a difference in the lives of our precious rescued animals. The dogs and cats benefit greatly by being around people and receiving love, cuddling and socialization. Animal socialization and companionship increases the dog or cat's probability of being adopted into a loving home. Volunteering is very rewarding for you and the animals.
AAL Volunteer Needs:
- Walking, socializing, playing with dogs
- Playing, socializing cats and kittens
- Bathing, grooming dogs and cats
- Transporting dogs and cats for routine and emergency vet care
- Help at adoption events
- Foster a dog or cat in your home after a spay/neuter (1-2 days), longer for special needs
- Photographing, videotaping dogs and cats for our website, newsletters
- Repair and maintenance of our no-kill rescue facility
- Monthly "spruce up the kennel" cleaning days
- Gardening help at our Humane Center
- Trap/Neuter/Return feral cats, assist with feeding of feral colonies
- Help with Outreach, Public Relations and Humane Education
- Help at fundraising events (luncheons, silent auctions, garage sales, theater nights, casino nights, motorcycle poker runs, sell candy & Entertainment Books, solicit donations from businesses)
- Arts/Crafts, making or soliciting for various fundraisers
- Grant Writing
Please fill out the volunteer application online or email the AAL Humane Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain an volunteer application and schedule an interview.
Attendance at a Kennel Orientation is required of all volunteers approved to work directly with the animals. Minimal age is 18 years and a minimum commitment of 3 months with 4 hours per month is requested.